Monday, 11 March 2013

Legal & Ethical Considerations


 


 
 

Advertising Standard Authority

 

 
The Advertising Standard Authority role is to 'regulate the content of advertisements , direct marketing and sales promotions in the UK' by investigating 'complaints made about ads, sales promotions or direct marketing', and deciding whether such advertising complies with its advertising standards codes.

Harm and Offence

I have respected the act of harm and offence. "Advertisements must contain nothing that could cause physical, mental, moral or social harm to persons under the age of 18." I have cooperated with this to minimise the risk of causing harm or serious widespread offence. I have done this by making sure the regulation of getting the permission off the models parents as they may still be 16 or under.

"Advertisements must not cause serious or widespread offence against generally accepted moral, social or cultural standards." Here is another example of how I followed the harm and offence act. None of my product contained; nudity, racist or violent. It is age appropriate for anyone and does not discriminate anyone.

Environmental Claims
 
"Advertisements must not condone or encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment."
  • Advertisements should take account of Government guidance including the Green claims code.
"Advertisements for specific energy-related products, subject to a delegated regulation, that include energy-related information or disclose price information, must include an indication of the product's energy efficiency class i.e in the range A+++ to G."
  • I followed this regulation by including all information about my product in my brochure.
Privacy
"With Limited exceptions, living persons must not be featured, corticated or referred to in advertisements without their permission."
  • People should be protected and not be invaded of privacy. I have followed this rule by getting the model the sign a model permission form, allowing me to take pictures of the, and not taking pictures of the public. If any pictures accidently contain any of the public would need to be signed to allow use of the pictures. e.g Festivals.
Children
"Advertisements must not condone or encourage bullying."
  • Children must be protected from advertisements that could cause physical, mental or moral harm. I have obeyed this regulation by encouraging appropriate behaviour and targeting my products/website towards adults who may find the websites more useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment